You may wonder why to go winter kayaking, as it’s not a warm time of the year in Kherson. We have an answer for you. The floodplains of Kherson are perfect for vacations both in the summer and winter. Everything you need for peaceful rest is here. Let your unexpected journey begin with flowing slowly water, windless weather, breathtaking nature, wonderful landscapes, and mysterious narrow steam of the Dnipro River.
Professional boatmen train right in Kherson for the last 70 years. Their training passes the whole year-round. Indeed, you can admire the full majesty of nature throughout the year, like a professional boatman. Just come and have extraordinary fun!
The route to go kayaking
Winter kayaking is a distinct pleasure. At this time of the year, you can feel the sounds, smells, and air in a different way. Time stands still, while you’re silently paddling through the frozen time and sleeping nature. We assure you, these feelings are unattainable for the summer season routes. The tours are planned specifically for winter kayaking, so tourists can enjoy paddling and escape from the daily routine.
Are you interested in where to paddle? There are three routes.
- The Youth Beach - The Antonovka Bridge - The Channels near Nayry summerhouses - The Holubov Lyman - The Youth Beach. The thing about the route is that summerhouses just stand on rising the water, and there are a lot of swans in the lake. You can catch these fascinating landscapes in the picture.
- Rafting through the channels and steams of Dnipro River. On this route, only you decide which directions to boat. The floodplains of Dnipro are a branchy system and every channel gets its charm.
- Backwater #3 - the Perebiina River - the Chortove Kolino River - the Konka River - the Perebiina River - Backwater #3. The route is alright for beginners. It goes through the narrow creeks and near summerhouses.
Why you should try winter kayaking:
- Crystal-clear water. The river is so clear you can watch fish and greenery at the bottom.
- Nature. You’re so lucky if you’ll catch snow-covered trees. There is something very soothing about naked trees, faded grass, and waterside, barely covered by the snow. The flock of birds is flying from one bank to another. It’s so fascinating! You can even watch swans in the floodplains.
- Just you and water. You’re peacefully paddling, not bothering anyone, and enjoying the silence. There are no motorboats, tourists on vessels. You know how it’s in the summer.
- It’s chilly. In the summer, when the sun is very cruel, you are only thinking about where to hide in the shade. In the winter, you can fully enjoy the trip and slowly explore the lands. Smoke on the water and hazy trees are great landscapes to catch them in the picture. You just feel how winter kayaking becomes a mysterious adventure!
- It’s a great way to have an extraordinary rest with friends. Head down the river in a kayak at any time of the year, and drink warm tea with your closest people on breaks.
It doesn’t matter if you have experience in kayaking or just try it for the first time, feelings are incomparable! The trip will change your understanding of the world, and you’ll look at your leisure time in another way. You’ll see!
Kayaks rental: where to book
The places where you can rent a kayak are below:
- The Crazy Kayaks. Different routes that last from 2 to 6 hours. The price of tours begins at 200 UAH per person. Petrovets leisure base is the entry point. Telephone: 0675076476. Additional information: @crazykayaks.
- The Chorna Vydra Kayaking Club. The trip lasts three and a half hours. The route starts from The Youth Beach. Kolibri Twin-GO kayaks are available. The cost is 250 UAH per person. 20% discount for children under 12 years old is available. The Club’s Instagram: @chorna_vydra_kayaks.
- For Tourist Travel. The trip lasts two and a half hours. The route begins from backwater #3. To head down the river, Ukrainian kayaks Neris are used. The cost is 200 UAH per person. Also, you need to pay 25 UAH for crossing the river. Children under 12 years old are free in winter season. The phone number: +38 066 808 1072. Instagram page: @4tourist.travel
- The River Club. The trip lasts two and a half hours. The route starts from the hydropark. The cost is 200 UAH per person. Also, you need to pay 30 UAH for crossing the river. 20% discount for children under 12 years old is available. The phone number: +380951151160. Additional information on webpage.
Finally, it’s not unusual for tourists to rent kayaks in the winter, as it seemed at the first glance. A lot of adventurers try to conquer the floodplains at this time of the year, so we recommend you to plan your holidays in advance.
What to bring with you to go winter kayaking
Winter kayaking is an unusual type of rest, so you should be prepared for it. Dress in waterproof clothes. Make sure the coat doesn’t constrict your movements, and trousers keep your lower back warm. Layered clothing can protect you from undercooling. Put woolen socks on your feet. To prevent losing your footing on a slick road, choose lug sole boots. You should wear a coldproof cap and a scarf. Keep your hands warm with gloves. Your hand gear should be waterproof.
Also, you should bring with you some dry clothing, as you may get wet while paddling. Thermos with hot tea and snacks will give you a second wind to continue the trip. You can also bring with you the first aid kit to quickly react to emergencies. But try to pack the necessary things for the trip.
Comments: Winter Kayaking in the Floodplains
It looks like no one has commented on this article yet ...
Why not be the first?
Leave a comment