If you have vacation on Arabatska Strilka you are bound to make a kayak trip along the channels of Henichesk directing to the Lake Syvash. It is a wonderful opportunity to watch picturesque landscapes from the water-side and diversify your sea recreation.
Such an activity will fit to all enthusiasts. The easy route has stops; and tourist kayaks are rather steadfast.
Schedule of trips and the route
From April to November kayak trips take place at 9:00 and 16:00 every day. Also, you have opportunity to choose comfortable time and day by yourselves if there are more than 15 people in your group.
While the water-tour instructors share interesting and useful information about history and nature of Arabatska Strilka.
The trip lasts 3 hours. The group goes along the following route:
- Tonkyi channel, under the Railway Bridge into the direction of the Azov Sea;
- Kruchenka channel (Twisted Mouth) with landing on island Verbliuzhyi;
- Great Mouth channel with landing on island Kruglyi.
How does a kayak trip take place
- meeting on the campgrounds of a kayak club (str/vul. Nyzhnia Slobidka, Henichesk);
- introductory induction;
- starting the route;
- upon the arrival on the island - an outing around it and a small excursion;
- going back along the route;
- arrival on the campgrounds of the kayak-club.
Beforehand introductory induction with demonstration is carried out. In the water area close to the club you can test how to steer and maneuver a kayak.
Kolibri One Wave Kayaks are used. A one-seat kayak is 3 m long and 0.65 cm wide, bearing capacity is 100 kg. A two-seat kayak is 4m long and 0.80 cm wide, bearing capacity is 220 kg.
The cost of an adult ticket is 250 UAH, a child ticket (up to 12 y.o.) is 200 UAH. To book a kayak trip you can call by phone: +38 095 747 2322 and +38 068 747 2322. Additional information is available at site.
You can take pets with you on the trips. There are restrictions for children under 4y.o. and adults whose weight exceeds 130kg.
Individuals in alcoholic and drug intoxication are not allowed.
Be sure to take the following with you:
- a head gear;
- drinking water;
- long-sleeve clothing;
- a sunblock;
- an airtight container for valuables.